Thursday, June 6, 2013

Woodland WA, Check this OUT!

So excited on this morning when I went to check out the eagles nest!  I looked at the nest but could not see anyone on it which I thought was strange because the female had been on the nest up till now.  I thought something may have happened to the eggs.  Then I saw one of the eagles alone on their usual perch nearby.........


 As I was taking pics of her in came her mate.......
 I could hear them talking to each other. Very cool.....

 Then the female left ............
 But returned just a few minutes later..........




 Love this pic!  Then the male left.......
 And I watched him go chase after an osprey that he apparently felt was a danger, leaving the female alone again.
But the big surprise was when I got home and took a close look at the nest pics I had taken!!!!  Do you see the fuzzy wing and top of the head in the middle of the nest?  Awesome!
They have at least one eaglet!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam Museum, Austin, Minnesota

We were staying just a few miles away in Blooming Prairie and, of course, were going into Austin to a couple of breweries....how could we no...