Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Apache Junction, Tuzigoot Natl Monument

The next morning after the train ride we went to Tuzigoot Natl Monument.  I had been there before but it was the first time for Mike and I always enjoy repeats of this kind of thing!  Felicia and Jared, do you remember going here?

The size of the pottery produced by the Sinagua here was amazing.  Takes a lot of skill to make pots that big so I'm told.




big pots!




cactus wren



you can see Verde Valley train from Tuzigoot

.....and the old mining town of Jerome






2 comments:

  1. Birds seem to pose for u. How do u do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember! How would I forget the place that shares a name with my brother?

    ReplyDelete

Spam Museum, Austin, Minnesota

We were staying just a few miles away in Blooming Prairie and, of course, were going into Austin to a couple of breweries....how could we no...