Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Woodland WA, The Ospreys

Caught number two osprey chick getting his flying lesson today.  When I arrived at the nest I could only see 2 youngsters on the nest.  So I waited to see if the 3rd youngster would fly in or the parents.  I did not think the young one would be too far away. ...
Big freighter passes by.....
 Here comes dad....
 See the freighter passing behind the nest.....
 So dad lands.....
 And he starts chirping away at the young ones.......
Then he hops down to the nest for a face to face talk.......
Looks like serious conversation.....
 In the meantime, I spot the 1st young flyer on a lower pylon, I had just missed him because I was looking up at the nest!  So he was hanging out down below.......

 Here you can see the young one down on the left post.......

 Then dad hops back on the rail still chattering away......
 And number 2 starts flapping his wings and hovers over the nest!

Two down, one to go!

1 comment:

Spam Museum, Austin, Minnesota

We were staying just a few miles away in Blooming Prairie and, of course, were going into Austin to a couple of breweries....how could we no...