Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Resident Wildlife

So what I do if I can't go out and take pictures somewhere else?  I look closer to home or in this case Jared and Jens house as that is where we have been spending the majority of our days here in Omaha, NE, watching Allie.  The house backs up to a state recreation area and as a result they actually have a small patch of woods behind the house.


Some of the larger inhabitants are deer and turkeys. We see one or the other almost every day.


The turkeys are so brazen, they will come up into the houses and nibble on flower gardens!

Speaking of flower gardens, I took this picture of the praying mantis right outside the front door in the flower bed.  He is a good 3 inches long!


 I'm pretty sure he is looking at you!




1 comment:

Spam Museum, Austin, Minnesota

We were staying just a few miles away in Blooming Prairie and, of course, were going into Austin to a couple of breweries....how could we no...