Thursday, June 21, 2012

Myrtle Creek OR, Campbell Falls

We were on our way to check out the South Umqua Falls when a small sign by the side of the road indicated there was a falls there named Campbell so we pulled over to check it out and found the following.  The falls were hidden from the road and you had to go down a small trail through the forest to reach them.  I do not know why these falls are not listed as a spot to check out but I thought the place was beautiful and the falls, though not big, one of the prettiest I have ever seen.  The poignant story I found on the plaque embedded in the rocks in the middle of the river added to my emotional stirrings as I checked out this lovely scene so yes, these are all pics of the same waterfall and area:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam Museum, Austin, Minnesota

We were staying just a few miles away in Blooming Prairie and, of course, were going into Austin to a couple of breweries....how could we no...